Sunday, November 29, 2015

Staple Item: Striped Tee


I had a few extra days off from nannying this week (and some extra hours at Express...thanks, Black Friday). I was able to spend some quality time with my family, my boyfriend, and the pup! It was great to take a breather. However, tomorrow it's back to work, and I couldn't be happier to see the boys I nanny!

This Sunday I had some errands to run in the morning, a lunch date, and a closing shift at Express. I wanted to dress for comfort, yet still presentable. I chose a basic stripe tee with my faded, medium-wash jeans. I dressed this casual outfit up by adding a colorful scarf and pumps. As you may already know, when shopping for shoes I prefer to buy leather or suede. Being a New England girl, I need a shoe that can last through all the various weather we experience! My motto is: Why buy a cheap shoe if you will just need to buy it again next season? Recently I have also loved the pointed-toe and straps; and these green leather pumps have it all! They add just the right amount of sophistication to an outfit, with a pump low enough to be casual. 





A striped tee is 100 times better than a plain white tee! A white shirt is fundamental and can be seen in most people's closets. However, wearing a simple white tee can become some what of an annoyance, especially while working with children. The smallest stain or tear can be seen; making you look less pulled together. 

Here's a secret for all you practical fashionistas out there. Replace that white tee with a striped one! It is just as versatile, neutral, and timeless as a white tee, but with other perks! Let's face it, as great as a white tee can be, it can become meh. A striped tee can give a nice touch of patterning to an outfit. And all those stains from playing with children (all my fellow nannies know mistakes will happen)? Hidden! This is why it will always be filed under one of my favorite wardrobe essentials. 

Since a striped tee is the perfect "neutral" of the print world. It goes nicely with many other patterns, denim, khaki, and leather. The possibilities of what to wear with this amazing wardrobe staple are endless, but here are some of my favorites to pair it with:
-Leopard print (also a neutral pattern)
-Floral print
-Plaid
-Denim shirt/jacket
-Knit poncho







OUTFIT DETAILS: Nautical Stripe Oversized Top: Forever 21. T-Strap Pumps: Nine West. THESE PUMPS ARE CURRENTLY $40 OFF! Jeans: Express. Leather Belt: Express. This belt is currently only sold in select stores. A link to Express' black belts is located here. My scarf use to belong to my late Grandmother. Links for floral scarves are hereherehere, and here.

I hope you all have a great start to the week! As always, thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment