Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Hint of Halloween

Good afternoon and welcome to November!  I hope you all had a safe and spooky Halloween!  I played it low-key this year, and watched one of my favorite scary movie-The Shining.  It was a perfect night of snuggling, Sauvigon Blanc, and watching Jack Nicholson's amazing performance!

Before my movie night, I spent some time with my busy boyfriend at Berklee College of Music.  He had a recording session with a few classmates and I decided to tag along.  We may live together, but our schedules are hectic.  We need to get creative with how we spend our time together.  Of course, I wanted to embrace the holiday, and style an outfit inspired by Halloween.  I decided to dress in black and go from there.


I was excited to wear my new gray suede booties!  They are extremely comfortable which will come in handy for nannying.  As I was walking, I could feel the rubber soles moving with me.  They gave a little bounce to my step, with made them comfortable to walk in.  Because suede stretches, I bought them a half size down, and this worked out perfectly.



I wore one of my favorite LBD's from Forever 21.  I love the cut and how it flares out. It's extremely comfortable and easy to move around in.  This dress is also very simple, which is perfect for adding on layers and accessories. 


I layered one of my favorite sweaters over my dress.  The white and black coloring lightened up my outfit just enough.  I also love this sweater because it is long.  The length, and the stitching of the cotton, keeps me nice and warm during the cold New England weather.


My scarf was the final touch to pull my whole look together, and really make it a Halloween outfit.   The skulls alternated from light gray to dark gray.  It tied the colors from my sweater and wedges together.  Plus, who does not love skulls on Halloween?  Skeletons have always been my favorite so I was excited to wear this scarf!


Suede Wedges: White Mountain/DSW.  Black Dress: Forever 21.  Similar dresses:  Here & Here.  Sweater: Express.  This is from last winter. Here is a similar sweater that comes in multiple colors.  Scarf: Marshalls.  

I hope you all have a great week!  Thank you for stopping by Cute Teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment