Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Classic Look

Here we are, once again, at the end of another weekend.  This weekend I decided to take advantage of the great weather, and went for a few long runs with my German Shepherd!  It was very relaxing.  I hope you all had some down time as well.  

As I am sure many of you have noticed, the holiday season is approaching us.  In my mind, there are two types of girls.  Those who have been counting down the days to Christmas since August, and those who have a firm belief that there should be no talk of Santa until Black Friday.  I am one of the latter.  However, though I may not like it, throughout stores you can find red accent walls and Christmas decorations sprinkled here and there.  But I want to take a pause from all that.  Mainly because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and also because I am not ready to let fall leave me!

My outfit for work today was a classic look.  I wore a denim shirt with black jeans, and accessorized it with warm fall colors.  In my opinion, a denim shirt is a staple item that every girl should have in her wardrobe.  It is a casual shirt that can be worn in many ways.  Whether you wear it unbuttoned over a tee or dress, or buttoned on its own, this shirt is a great "go to" item.  One of my favorite looks is a denim shirt and black jeans.  I enjoy how clean cut this minimal outfit looks.  It is great for a casual look that will still keep you looking trendy!  What's not to love?!



This particular ensemble goes great with almost any pair of shoes and accessories!  Today, I chose to wear my burgundy strappy flat.  It livened up my outfit by adding a rich fall color.  I rolled up my jeans to emphasize the straps and extenuate my shoes. 



When choosing a print to complement an outfit, leopard print goes with everything.  I personally think it is a great choice when accessorizing an outfit!  The brown shading in this infinite scarf complimented the burgundy flats nicely!  This combination made my outfit more cohesive.


OUTFIT DETAILS:  Denim shirt: Express.  Similar light wash here.  Black jeans: Express.  Leopard Infinite Scarf: Express.  Similar scarves here.  (However, this infinite scarf seems to come back in stock every winter.)  Watch: Fossil.  Similar rose-tone watch here.  Strappy flats: Forever 21.  Similar flats herehere, and here.

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment