Saturday, August 15, 2015

Traveling to Texas

My countdown to vacation has ended and I am finally in Texas!! I could not be more excited! However, I was thinking about a question the boys' father once asked me. He mentioned how, many people count down the days to vacation because they cannot wait to get away from their place of work and the daily stresses of their jobs. He asked if that were the case for me. Without hesitation I responded "no." I love my job and my relationship with the boys. Every day I go to work with a positive attitude, because I am excited for all the fun the day has in store. Hopefully my readers feel the same about their careers! I had a vacation countdown for two reasons. One, between Express and nannying I work, on average, a total of sixty-three hours a week. I love both my jobs but it feels nice to take a break every once in a while. Two, I get to spend time with my boyfriend's family! His sister lives in Texas and his parents live in Africa. I do not get to see them as much as I would like to. During this trip I will be staying with them at the house he spent most of his teen years. I cannot wait to be shown around and learn a little more about him and a state I have never been to. It is important to slow down and spend quality time with those you love, or just to have time to yourself. 

As a nanny, your vacation affects many individuals and their schedules, especially the children. It is important to keep this in mind. I felt bad leaving the kids and my dog but sometimes it has to be done. The best you can do is let them know ahead of time that you won't be there for a certain amount of days. It's important, and part of a nanny's job, to make transitions as smooth as possible. That being said, don't not take vacation time because you feel guilty for leaving. The kids will miss you, but rest is important. Especially when it comes to working with children! A run down nanny is not the best nanny.

Now, let's talk about the "perfect" outfit for traveling. I have not found one yet. My boyfriend is a veteran flyer and I am still a rookie. I am still figuring out the do's and don'ts of traveling by air. For example, I wore my Lucky Brand flats for comfort, but needed to take off my shoes for security. Walking around barefoot was not ideal for me. Furthermore, for this flight I especially wanted to look cute but casual. I was meeting my boyfriend's abuelas once I landed! They speak Spanish and know very little English. I wanted to make sure that I looked nice for the first impression. I think I was able to come up with a presentable outfit that was still comfortable for traveling. 





My shirt and shorts are from Forever 21. My watch and purse are from Fossil. However, I bought the purse from DSW. My ring is from Lia Sophia. My shoes are Lucky Brand but purchased from Marshalls. My necklace was a gift and came from Nigeria.

Let me know how you like to dress while traveling, and your favorite destinations! As always, thanks for stopping by Cute Teachings!





No comments:

Post a Comment