Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday happenings! Welcome to my first post!

Welcome, and happy Sunday! 

Sundays are typically the day to relax. This morning, I had my routine of Nespresso and taking my German Shepherd, Piper, on a walk. Afterward, I had a couple errands to run before heading to my night shift at Express. 

I began my day getting a mani/pedi! Typically I tend to lean more towards water color when choosing a paint. Today was different though. On Thursday I am traveling to Texas to attend my boyfriend's sister's college graduation! She will be graduating from Texas A&M!! A&M's school colors are maroon and white so I wanted to show my support and school spirit! I usually get my nails done on Newbury Street, however, I found a hidden gem during my morning walk in South Boston. I got my shellac manicure and regular pedicure from Lan Nail Salon and loved it! They did great work and offered excellent customer service. Furthermore, on certain days you can get great deals and save some money. 




Once I was done getting my nails done I headed over to Sephora to pick out some new lipstick! Now, I have to be honest, I have never been one to wear lipstick. I usually only wear eye makeup. However, lately I've been wanting to add a little something extra to my look. I ended up choosing Sephora's collection of lipstick. I found that it was long lasting and had a nice feel to it. I bought Vintage Pink, for a subtle but cute day to day use, and Pure Red for special nights out.



I had a great morning and felt relaxed by the time I needed to get ready for work. As I was getting ready though, I realized that I had no idea what to wear today. As always, I checked the weather. Boston was only in the low 70's. I decided to check Express' Instagram and found an outfit that I really liked! I felt inspired! I decided to replicate it and add my own style. It made for a simple, Sunday afternoon outfit.


I wore Express' black jean legging, Express' brown leather belt, and H&M's black jersey top. My purse is Aldo's leather crossbody from last year. My necklace is from Nigeria. And, since I was working a five hour shift, I wore my Lucky Brand copper tone Emmie flats. 

Overall, it was a fun Sunday! I am so excited to see where this journey takes me! I hope you all had a relaxing Sunday and thanks for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment