Sunday, December 6, 2015

A List of My Essential Winter Accessories

Happy Sunday! If you live in New England, this weekend was a beautiful one. We had sunshine and 50 degree weather! My boyfriend and I were stuck inside with the flu, but I was able to take my German Shepherd on short walks, and run to the nearest CVS to retrieve our saving grace-Theraflu. By the looks of it, I got there just in time! The medicine shelf was almost bare and the lines were long stretched, filled with red nosed people holding tissues.

As I was walking home I felt silly. Here I was, a New Englander, dressed in a winter coat, gloves and a winter headband...and it was 50 degrees! People were going to think that I was from out of town. But all that got me thinking about winter and what I love about it. The snow, hot chocolate, snuggling and the festivities are all wonderful! Winter in the North can be so much fun if you have no where to go, and someone to spend time with. Winter begins at the end of the month, and while you may have that special someone to help keep you warm, I created a list of my favorite winter accessories that will also do the treat!

1. Scarves 
The reason I say scarves instead of scarf is because I believe that every girl's wardrobe should have at least two or three. I personally own many scarves because they are one of my favorite accessories. They are able to complete an outfit while keeping you warm. It is good to have a light scarf, a blanket scarf, and-if you're lucky enough to be/know a knitter-a homemade scarf.
Plaid Blanket Scarf: Nordstrom
Woven Scarf: H&M

2. Mittens/Gloves
Mittens are adorable, however if you are working, then it might be best to invest in a nice pair of gloves. You will be able to use your fingers freely while still keeping warm.
Suede Gloves: H&M
Leather Gloves: H&M

3. Duck Boots
I know that a lot of Northerners buy their duck boots from L.L. Bean and get the Bean Boot. Well I like L.L. Bean, I prefer the duck boots from G.H. Bass & Co. I have owned a pair from both stores and I find that the boots from Bass are much warmer. Many of their boots have faux fur, wool, or flannel interior.
Northern Duck Boot: G.H. Bass & Co. (Factory Outlet)

4. Winter Hat/Headband 
Ivory Faux Fur Pom Thick Knit Beanie: Express
Embellished Head Wrap: Express

5. Vest

Puffer Vest: G.H. Bass & Co.

6. Riding Boots
As I have stated before, I believe that purchasing leather boots is a great investment. If you buy synthetic, they will most likely only last one season and wont keep you as warm. 
Leather Riding Boot: G.H. Bass & Co. (Factory Outlet)

Leather & Suede Riding Boot: G.H. Bass & Co. (Factory Outlet)

7. Warm Coat
Drape Collar Blanket Coat: Express

Puffer Coat: G.H. Bass & Co.

9. Leg Warmers
Leg warmers have also been one of my favorite winter essentials. I love the look that they give when they are popping out of your boots. I find many of mine at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. 
Leg Warmers: Target

10. Warm Socks


Although winter does not begin until later December, now is the time to start purchasing these necessities. It is better to buy things like this before you actually are cold and need them. I hope you all stay healthy! As always, thanks for reading!



























No comments:

Post a Comment