Sunday, October 4, 2015

Barely Boot Cut Jeans

Good evening, everyone! I hope you all had a great week and got plenty of rest today.  Everything starts all over again tomorrow! If you are a fellow Bostonian, hopefully this week will be a little more dry.

September has come and gone, and October is here!  As the temperature continues to drop, and the leaves change color, lets talk about a fall favorite-jeans!  The flare jean is the current trend that everyone is crushing on.  However, when I tried on a pair, I was feeling just that...crushed.  At 5'3, the flare jean was baggy and making me look stumpy.  Now don't get me wrong, other short girls can pull off this trendy look.  A flare jean looks nice with a pump or wedge.  But I nanny all week and work retail during the weekends.  When am I going to find time to wear these?  Not frequently.

I spend a lot of my time at Express in the fitting rooms.  During my time in there I hear other short girls vocalizing the same problem.  They want to embrace this seventies trend but are left looking like they are playing dress up.  Others look great but say the flare is just too dramatic for them.  I wanted to find a solution.  I was getting bored wearing my legging jean and wanted to add some variety to my wardrobe.  With this in mind, I decided to try on a style jean that I never thought I would-the barely boot cut!

Now, I'm a girl who never strayed from her favorite style jeans.  I love everything about the legging jean.  However, I am so glad I tried something new!  The barely boot flared just enough for me to feel comfortable and trendy.  Lesson learned: leave your comfort zone and try new styles.  






My low rise barely boot cut jeans are from Express and currently only sold in stores.  However, these Medium Wash Low Rise Barely Boot Jean are a similar wash, same cut, with a different waist line.
My Open Surplice Back Top is from Express.  I usually wear a small in shirts, but this is an extra small.  It also comes in black and ivory.
My suede booties are from Aldo.  They are from last season, but here are some similar booties.

I hope this post inspired you to try a new look!  Maybe even this one.  

Have a great start to your week.  Until Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment