Sunday, October 11, 2015

Weekend in Vermont



Good evening!  I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend.  As for me, I spent mine with my family in Vermont!  Vermont is one of my favorite states, so I was excited to spend time there with people I love.  The house we stayed at was adorable, and was nestled right on the water.  It was very quiet and I got a moment to relax and take a breather from my busy city life/work week. 

Saturday

Vermont was a bit chillier than Massachusetts, so I made sure to pack some ponchos.  When deciding whether or not to wear boots or booties, I knew that I needed my brown leather G.H. Bass boots!  They are warm and durable, which is perfect for Vermont weather.


 I arrived  Saturday evening, around dinner time.  The sun was beginning to set and the scenery was beautiful!


This turtle neck, beige poncho is one of my favorites.  I bought it last Christmas, during my trip to Barcelona, Spain.


When it comes to plaid shirts, I always buy mine from Old Navy.  They flow well, and are extremely comfortable.  I love the bright blue and green combination in this shirt, especially because it complements my Express dark wash jeans nicely.

The poncho, I bought in Barcelona at a department store that we do not have in the U.S., but here is a Beige Poncho that is very similar and I also really like.  My Dark Low Rise Jean Legging are from Express.  My leather riding boots are from G.H. Bass & Co.  Here is a similar pair of Brown Leather Riding Boots that they sell.  My plaid shirt is from Old Navy.  I bought it a couples years back, however, here are the Plaid Flannel Tops Old Navy is currently selling.

Sunday

It was gorgeous out Sunday!  The sun was shining, and the foliage was sprinkled throughout the mountains.  I began my day with a run along the lake.  I felt so warm in my Old Navy compression jacket and my compression pants from Express.  These running pants are incredible!  I will definitely be buying them in full length this winter.


My running shoes are Brooks.  From the moment I put these beauties on my feet I fell in love!  I highly recommend going to a running store, and running on a treadmill so the sale associate fits you with the right pair.  I know, if you have not heard of this before, it seems a bit much.  It's not!  This is the best decision I have made as a runner.  I was getting shin splints frequently and my toes were killing me, until I found out that I was wearing the wrong pair of sneakers!  The sales associate at Heartbreak Hill Running Company in South Boston was so incredibly helpful!  I recommend going there for any of your running needs.


My Compression Jacket is from Old Navy.

My compression pants are from Express.  Express sells active wear that they call EXPCORE.  EXPCORE is not sold in many stores. If they do, it is usually a small selection.  The pants I am wearing are from last year.  I would love to buy the Blue City Lights EXP Core Compression Legging and the EXP Core Compression Legging.  Right now they are buy one, get one 50% off.

After my run, I had a big breakfast, and cozied up in another poncho.



I love these boots!  The color is perfect and I like how they fall just below my knees.  Plus, they are a bit roomier than other boots I have purchased in the past.  Furthermore, as I have mentioned before, us New England girls need quality leather boots!  This is exactly what G.H. Bass & Co. provides!


I love the shape of this poncho.  It has more of a diamond cut than the one I wore the day before.  I also like how the pattern on the inside is different from the one on the outside.



I love my Express jeans!  Every pair I own is amazing in their own way.  The dark wash and fit of this pair leaves me feeling comfortable and looking great.  I always seem to get compliments when wearing these!


My poncho is from Rue 21.  I bought this one a few years ago.  Here is a Fine-knit Gray Poncho from H&M that I like.  I also like the Lavinia Poncho from G.H. Bass & Co.  My Vintage-Style V-Neck Tee is from Old Navy. 

I had amazing time with my family this weekend! For those of you who have tomorrow off, enjoy the rest of your long weekend.  Don't forget to keep an eye out for those Columbus Day sales!!

As always, thanks for stopping by.











No comments:

Post a Comment