Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello, Fall!


Today officially marks the first day of my favorite season...fall! This is a season that is packed with fun activities, amazing flavors, and perfect weather!  However, as my fellow New Englanders can attest, the seasons and weather are always changing.  Before you know it, that pumpkin latte you've been savoring is replaced with a gingerbread one.  So let's bask in all that is fall, before we're piled in snow!

I wanted to take a moment and discuss my favorite fall accessory.  There is nothing I love more than a beautiful scarf! I basically live in them from September to April. The more patterns, the better! A nice scarf adds layers to an outfit and can pull your whole look together.  This year I am keeping my eyes peeled for a tan scarf, an olive green scarf, and a maroon scarf.  For lighter scarves I frequently shop at DSWExpressAldo, and Marshalls/TJ Maxx.  These places tend to have a large variety of colors and styles for an affordable price.


Aside from lighter scarves, I am in love with blanket scarves!  Last year, during Boston's harsh winter, my blanket scarf was my savoir.  Even though it wont be cold enough to wear a blanket scarf around your neck, I always love styling one as a shawl.  It's quick to throw on while car pooling the kids, and it can make a simple outfit pop!  Plus, who wouldn't love being able to pull off wearing a blanket all day? This look will leave you feeling comfy and cozy!





The Navy Plaid Blanket Scarf I am wearing is from The Paper Store. I tend to find all my blanket scarves there! They are usually under, or around, $30! Feel free to share your favorite fall fashion accessory with me! I would love to hear from you! 

Let's all raise our pumpkin flavored beverages and cheers to fall! 
xo Cute Teachings
  





2 comments:

  1. I love that blanket scarf!
    I think I am going to buy one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! I bought it the other day at The Paper Store. It comes in a few different colors and was $24

      Delete