Friday, February 5, 2016

First Snow Storm of the Season


Happy Friday! If you live in New England, then you're experiencing crazy weather! This winter has been a warm and mild one. All week long we were running around without a jacket due to the fifty degree weather! Last winter was completely different. Boston broke it's record of amount of snow with 108.6 inches in total! Definitely earning us some bragging rights. However, after this unusually warm and sunny weather, we ended the week with a snow storm! How exciting?!



I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to finally wear a scarf and my Bass duck boots! I love the cold. There is something so magical about the first big snowfall. The ground is pure white; not brown from footprints and plows. The trees are perfectly sprinkled with powdered, and look beautiful against the white sky. Everything looks peaceful. Especially when you have no where to go, and someone to stay warm with. After a short day of nannying, I grabbed my boyfriend and walked around our neighborhood. Boston was so quiet, with barely anyone out from work. Walking around this afternoon only confirmed that I am a winter girl at heart.  


Being so in love with winter, I am all about the winter essentials and accessories. When I need to head out in the snow I always wear my Bass boots! Duck boots are big in New England; especially Bean boots from L.L. Bean. When there's snow on the ground, duck boots can be seen on almost every pair of feet. I have personally owned both Bass and Bean boots. I find that the Bass duck boots are not only warmer, but more affordable. Furthermore, they have various styles and coloring that change every winter. I have owned blue leather, green leather, and now brown leather duck boots from G.H. Bass & Co. The only downfall to these boots is that they do not run in half sizes. This is a little bit of a problem for me, being a size 6 1/2. I decided to go down a size because the 7's were too heavy to walk around in. Other than this detail, I love these boots!




OUTFIT DETAILS: Harlequin Duck Boot: G.H. Bass & Co. (Factory Outlet). Dark Wash Mid Rise Jean Legging: Express. Plaid Top: Old Navy. I purchased this shirt a few years ago. You can find other Old Navy plaid tops: here. Vest: Khols (Brand: Sonoma Life & Style). This vest was given to me as a gift a few years ago. You can find other great vests: Chaps' Printed VestG.H. Bass & Co.'s Cheyenne Faux Shearling Vest, and A&F's Hooded Puffer Vest. Plaid Scarf: Forever 21. Similar plaid scarves: Country Outfitter's Katydid and Land End's Oversized Square ScarfFaux Fur Pom Thick Knit Beanie: Express. This hat comes in a few other colors and can be found on this page.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment