Sunday, January 24, 2016

How A Nanny's Survives A Sickness

Many women-especially nannies, mothers, and educators-have their favorite items that they live and die by when they get sick. Whether it be a favorite super food, blanket, or pair of pants-we all have our special products that keep us going, when we're feeling less than 100%. Because when you have a job that keeps you on the move, life doesn't stop for you.

For the last few days I haven't felt well; which got me thinking about what comforts me when I am sick. Keeping theses things in mind, I have pulled together my own Sickness Survival Kit for you. Hopefully, when you are feeling worn down, tired, or sick, these things will help you feel better!

Comfortable Pajamas
Most importantly, you need a good night sleep! Try, try, try to go to bed early. As hard as that may be. When you are sick, there is nothing better than a nice pair of PJ's to help you catch up on sleep! Typically I like wearing pajama pants opposed to pajama shorts. My favorite material of pajamas to sleep in are fleece and flannel. In my opinion, they are the most comfortable and best-feeling material. 
2. Cozy PJ Set-L.L. Bean

Medicine
Out of all the over-the-counter medicine, these three are my favorite! If I could only take one, it would be Theraflu. This thing works wonders; and the Lipton tea makes it taste great. I talked with my doctor, and you are able to take DayQuil or Ibuprofen while taking Theraflu. Combining Theraflu with one of those fever reducers keeps me growing throughout the day! 

Tea
I love to drink tea!  I enjoy loose leaf tea from Teavana. They have a large selection, but I lean more towards the warm flavors such as almond, cinnamon, or pumpkin. But when I am looking for tea in a tea bag, I always choose Yogi Tea. The Stress Relief tea with kava is my all time favorite! It's great to drink at night, even if you aren't sick. It tastes delicious and definitely helps me unwind. 

Snacks

When we're sick, we usually don't like to eat much. We lose our appetite or food just doesn't seem to have flavor. I find that when I'm sick, I love to eat berries and carbs. I am a huge fan of blueberries and Thompson's Lite Multigrain English Muffins.  

Comfy Pants
For the days that you can't call in sick, jogger pants can be a real life saver. They are extremely comfortable, but also very trendy. They are also very easy to dress up, while still looking and feeling comfortable.

Now that New England is starting to get snow, people all over are getting sick. Make sure you stay rested, eat healthy, and dress warmly. Have a great week! And as always, thanks for reading Cute Teachings.


No comments:

Post a Comment