Monday, February 15, 2016

Monochromatic Gray


Good afternoon! I know a few of you, hopefully many, had today off! Thankfully, today was warmer than this weekend. New England finally came out of the negative degree (Fahrenheit) weather and hit a "warm" 10 degrees today! When you live in colder cities, you take what ever you can get. 

After being shut indoors all weekend due to the cold, I decided to step outside for a breath of fresh air. With all the gray clouds and light flurries, I became inspired to wear one of my favorite chic looks: head to toe in gray. I know that, for many Bostonians, blacks and grays are a "go-to" when it comes to fashion. However, for those of you who may be a little weary of wearing such dark tones, I have a few suggestions. 


When making a certain color the focal point of an outfit, I would not wear all the same shade, but rather take a monochromatic approach. Monochromatic colors are all the colors (tints, tones, and shades) of a single hue. Here I wore a monochromatic gray cape, and then played on the various gray shading by layering with a gray turtle neck and gray wedged booties.

I also chose to break up my gray outfit by mixing in some shades of black, and mixing prints. I personally am a huge fan of pattern play (mixing of prints), and try to do so as frequently and as smoothly as possible. Here I broke up my color block cape with a striped turtle neck, making my outfit less monotone. 








OUTFIT DETAILS: Color Block Cape: Express. This cape has since gone on clearance, and can only be found in select stores. Similar clearance capes at Express: Reversible Southwestern Print Blanket Cover-UpGray Southwestern Stripe Blanket Cover Up, and Southwestern Fringe Blanket Cover UpTeresa Stripe Turtleneck: G.H. Bass & Co. (Factory Outlet). THIS TURTLENECK IS CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR UNDER $10! Black Mid Rise Jean Legging: Express. THESE JEANS ARE CURRENTLY ON SALE FOR 40% OFF! Icon Charcoal Suede Bootie: White Mountain. Studded Clutch: Forever 21. Similar studded clutches: Studded Envelope Clutch (CURRENTLY ON SALE)Gaslusol (CURRENTLY ON SALE), and 'Gloria' Studded Faux Leather Foldover Clutch. Bangles: Lia Sophia. LIA SOPHIA IS CURRENTLY HAVING A BLOW OUT SALE. EVERYTHING IS 45% OFF! Lia Sophia bracelets can be found here.

As always, thank you for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment